Nanovia AntiAllergy fabric – barrier against allergens.
Innovative fabric to prevent leakage of dust mites and allergens produced by them is based on the principle of their mechanical detection.
Advantages of anti-allergic barrier fabrics with nanofiber layer as compared to woven barrier fabrics
Nanovia AntiAllergy materials are the only 100% effective fabric barriers against the penetration of allergens from a bed and bedding. They provide excellent physiological comfort in using them owning to their excellent breathability and moisture permeability. These are the materials produced by state-of-art fabric technologies utilizing the unique properties of nanofibers.
Nanovia AntiAllergy material impermeability for dust mites and allergens is provided by a nanofiber layer which is closed inside the fabric. In principle, the fabric is a three-layer sandwich which middle layer has a nanofiber structure (Fig. 1). Mutual cohesion of the individual layers is assured by fabric lamination technology. Using this technology does not damage the nanofiber layer (thereby maintaining its barrier function), neither it does reduce the breathability of the resultant material (fabric provides high physiological comfort).
The size of interfiber pores in this structure is substantially smaller than the size of dust mites and their produced allergens. The size of mites is approximately 300 micrometres, the size of the produced allergens ranges in micrometres (1–20 micrometres) (Fig. 2).
Examples of concepts of using the Nanovia AntiAllergy material
- Nanovia AntiAllergy W Micro material is suitable for producing individual barrier covers which are to contain a pillow, a blanket and a mattress. The cover has normal bedding put on, or a sheet in the case of a mattress. Nanovia AntiAllergy material is not intended for the production of upper linen (covers and sheets).
- Manufacturers of mattresses can use the Nanovia AntiAllergy material as a part of a mattress cover. We recommend Nanovia AntiAllergy NW 40 or NW 70 material.
- Manufacturers of pillows and blankets of feathers or synthetic fibres use the Nanovia AntiAllergy NW 40 material under the top fabric layer of finished products as an inner coat of fillers (feather, synthetic fibres). The Nanovia AntiAllergy sandwich may be connected to a top pillow fabric by stitching (recommended in case of blankets and large pillows) or only loosely placed under the top fabric and connected to the top fabric within the side seams (can be used for smaller pillows and baby blankets). We recommend the Nanovia AntiAllergy NW 40 material.
Please refer to the Product Technical Specifications for product technical information.
- Nanovia AntiAllergy NW40 (PDF)
- Nanovia AntiAllergy NW 70 (PDF)
- Nanovia AntiAllergy W Micro (PDF)
Our partners for the production of finished products are the following companies in the Czech Republic: Nanotex Care s.r.o. and Nanospace s.r.o.